Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona’s Argentine footballer, was the best-looking athlete in the past year, according to a US-listed Forbes magazine on Tuesday.
According to the compilation of the standard monthly magazine, the striker has earned a total of $ 127 million since June 1, which is the sum of his salary and individual support income. The Messiah follows the Juventus Portuguese battle with Cristiano Ronaldo 109 million and the Paris Saint-Germain Brazilian, Neymar.
Forbes has been compiling an annual list of the best-looking athletes since 1990, and this is the first time this year has been a football player on all three levels of the imaginary podium.
Messi was only the fourth leader in the last 19 years, as only the American golfer Tiger Woods (12 times), his compatriot, professional boxer Floyd Mayweather (4) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2) took the lead in the earnings ranking over the past 18 years.
The top-paid hundred athletes in the past year earned a total of four billion dollars, five percent more than last year. The list includes ten sports teams from 25 countries, 35 basketball players, and 62 Americans. Only one woman, tennis player Serena Williams, was ranked in the ranking, with $ 29.2 million in 63rd place.
Top100 top rank:
1. Lionel Messi (Argentine, football) $ 127 million
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portuguese, football) 109 million
3. Neymar (Brazilian, football) 105 million
4. Saúl Canelo Álvarez (Mexican, Boxing) 94 Million
5. Roger Federer (Swiss, tennis) 93.4 million
6. Russell Wilson (American, American Football) 89.5 million
7. Aaron Rodgers (American, American Football) 89.3 million
8. LeBron James (American, Basketball) 89 million
9. Stephen Curry (American, Basketball) 79.8 million
10. Kevin Durant (American, basketball) 65.4 million